Dallas Homeless Shelter Unveils New Medical Center
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Saturday for the unveiling of a new medical center at the Dallas LIFE Foundation homeless shelter.
The ceremony took place at 2 p.m., opening the doors to new dental, medical and vision clinics.
The project began last fall, according to spokeswoman Lori Swarner.
Construction on the the $230,000 project began last fall through the efforts of a private donor.
The new center features a lobby/reception area, three dental examination rooms, one medical and one vision examination rooms and a lab.
Wireless X-ray machines and the latest computer technology is installed in the facility.
According to the foundation’s website, anyone staying at Dallas LIFE Foundation homeless shelter can access the new clinics for free.
“Licensed medical personnel treat illnesses, provide preventive care, and lead wellness classes on hygiene, nutrition, infections, managing hypertension, and more. Dental services range from cleanings and fillings, to dentures,” a statement on the foundation’s website reads.
In addition, the Dallas LIFE Foundation homeless shelter facility also received a $400,000 makeover to its kitchen and dining areas.
The Dallas LIFE Foundation homeless shelter, located at 1100 Cadiz St., holds up to 700 residents.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures