IRVING (AP) – Iowa State senior forward Melvin Ejim has been selected as the Big 12’s player of the year by the league’s coaches.
Ejim was second in the league with both his 18.2 points and 8.6 rebounds a game.
The All-Big 12 awards selected by the 10 coaches were announced Sunday.
A pair of Kansas freshmen earned individual awards, with Andrew Wiggins voted the top freshman and 7-foot Joel Embiid the defensive player of the year. Iowa State guard DeAndre Kane was chosen as the newcomer of the year, and Texas’ Rick Barnes is coach of the year.
Joining Ejim, Kane and Wiggins on the All-Big 12 first team are Oklahoma State sophomore guard Marcus Smart and West Virginia junior guard Juwan Staten.
The Associated Press releases its awards Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More Than 600 Animals Rescued In July By SPCA Cruelty Investigators
- Army Report: Grenade Found In Room Of Dallas Gunman In 2014
- Cowboys Pay Tribute To Dallas Police Before Start Of Camp
- Car Accident In Euless Leaves Two Dead, One Injured
- Woman Robs Wyoming Bank To Go Back To Prison
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures