AUSTIN (AP) – Lady Gaga is scheduled to give the keynote address at the South by Southwest music festival and conference in Austin, Texas.
Festival organizers made the announcement Sunday that the singer will follow in the footsteps of past speakers that have included Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed and Dave Grohl.
Lady Gaga will also perform at the festival on Thursday and then speak on Friday night with John Norris of Fuse.
The pop singer is the only artist to sell more than 5 million recordings with her first two hits in the digital music era. Her fourth studio album, ARTPOP, was released in November.
South by Southwest is one of the largest music industry events in the world with more than 2,200 acts giving thousands of performances over 10 days.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gas Prices Across Texas & Nationwide Drop 3 Cents This Week
- Braves Stripped Of 13 Prospects, Former GM Coppolella Banned For Life
- No. 25 Alabama Squeaks By UT-Arlington 77-76
- McClure Helps No. 22 Baylor Rally Past Creighton, 65-59
- Garland Black Friday Shopper Has Been In Front Of Best Buy For Days
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures