AUSTIN (AP) – Lady Gaga is scheduled to give the keynote address at the South by Southwest music festival and conference in Austin, Texas.
Festival organizers made the announcement Sunday that the singer will follow in the footsteps of past speakers that have included Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed and Dave Grohl.
Lady Gaga will also perform at the festival on Thursday and then speak on Friday night with John Norris of Fuse.
The pop singer is the only artist to sell more than 5 million recordings with her first two hits in the digital music era. Her fourth studio album, ARTPOP, was released in November.
South by Southwest is one of the largest music industry events in the world with more than 2,200 acts giving thousands of performances over 10 days.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Star Debuts Cookbook, Talks Post-Show Plans
- GOP Lawmakers Hold First Baseball Practice Since Last Year’s Shooting
- Redick A Team Leader And Mentor For Young 76ers
- DC Area Firm Intercepting Social Media Threats to Schools
- President H.W. Bush Moved Out Of ICU, Alert And Talking
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures