Ware Departs, Cowboys Sign DT McClain, DE Mincey
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Cowboys, seeking defensive-line help across the board, have signed 1-tech tackle Terrell McClain to a three-year deal, sources tell 105.3 The Fan.
This is not DeMarcus Ware-level stuff; he’s departed Dallas and has agreed to a three-year deal in Denver with $13 million in the first year (twice what we believe the Cowboys wished to pay) and $20 mil guaranteed.
McClain was with the Texans last year, after originally entering the league with the Panthers as a third-round pick.
A Cowboys source tells 105.3 The Fan: “He’s a solid player with upside and he’s just 25. He adds competition.”
By virtue of his position (nose tackle), the 6-2, 300-pound McClain doesn’t put up big numbers – like incumbent Nick Hayden and erstwhile Cowboys 1-tech tackle Josh Brent, who may still be in Dallas’ plans.
Dallas is also signing Jeremy Mincey, a 30-year-old defensive end, listed at 6-4, 265 pounds. He was a rotation player for Denver last year in the Super Bowl.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- The Ideal Postgame Locker Room
- Police: Former Texas Man To Be Charged In Indiana Deaths
- Students Exposed To Ebola Return To DISD Schools Earlier Than Expected
- 5 Telling Quotes Following Cowboys’ 6th Straight Win
- Texas High School Football AP Poll – October 20
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures