NCAA Denies Baylor’s Sic ‘Em Jersey
WACO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Baylor is causing another stir with its uniforms at the Big 12 tournament.
The NCAA told the school Wednesday that it wouldn’t be allowed to wear new uniform designs from Adidas that have “Sic ‘Em Bears” on the front. The NCAA said only the school name or traditional nicknames like “Bears” are allowed on the front of game uniforms.
Adidas unveiled their “March Madness” uniforms last week. Other schools wearing them, including top-seeded Kansas, stuck with traditional names and nicknames.
Baylor made a splash at the Big 12 tournament a couple years ago with its neon yellow uniforms and matching shoes.
A school spokesman said the seventh-seeded Bears had chosen white for their first-round game against No. 10 seed TCU on Wednesday night.
(©2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. thee staff of CBSDFW contributed to this report.)
- Adult Killed, Child Critically Injured In Fort Worth Crash
- Dallas Co. Sheriff Seeking Witnesses To Saturday Lobby Incident
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Sundance Square To Host ESPN College GameDay Again
- Texas Car Troubles Increase With Summer Temperatures
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures