DALLAS (CBSDFW) – Police are investigating a drug deal that resulted in a late Tuesday night shooting in northeast Dallas, where one man died and another man was wounded.
The incident began at around 11:00 p.m. in the 12300 block of Bellafonte Drive, when a suspect approached two men who were siting inside of a car. According to authorities, those men in the vehicle were allegedly trying to sell drugs. But something went wrong during the transaction, and the suspect began shooting at the car.
Both of the men inside of the vehicle were struck by gunfire. The suspect fled from the scene and remains on the loose.
The driver of the car sped away and started heading toward a downtown Dallas hospital. He eventually pulled into a Shell gas station near the intersection of Knox Street and Central Expressway, and was then taken to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas. He is expected to survive. However, the passenger was pronounced dead at the scene.
The names of the victims have not yet been released. Police have also not yet released a description of the suspect.
- Police Arrest One-Armed, Machete-Wielding Clown
- U.S. Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Papayas From Mexico; 1 Dead
- Report: Darvish’s 10-Team No-Trade List Includes Red Sox & Cubs
- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Discharged Month After Shooting
- Texas Officer Shot, Suspect Killed In Early-Morning Gunfight
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures