ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A 21-year-old man from Arlington was arrested on Tuesday night and charged in the murder of an Arlington shoe store employee last month.
Jacob Everett was booked into the Arlington City Jail on a capital murder charge, stated Arlington Police Department spokeswoman Tiara Richard in a statement. He was arrested at his home, located along San Ramon Court.
“I think it’s a shame,” said neighbor Jim Wasden. “I’m just now finding out what this was all about.”
The arrest follows the February 25 discovery of the body of 23-year-old Randy Pacheco in a Red Wing Shoes located on South Cooper Street. An intense investigation began and was aided when police released surveillance video that showed the suspect and a vehicle of interest tied to the crime.
“Thanks to the comprehensive news coverage,” Richard explained, “and the more than 60 tips that followed, detectives were provided information that led them to a vehicle that matched the description of the one seen at the store at the time of the shooting.”
According to a search warrant, Everett sold the truck about a week after the murder and then purchased a red sedan.
Detectives said that, at Everett’s home, they found a sweatshirt, a mask, a pair of gloves and a semi-automatic handgun that matched the description of the one used to kill Pacheco. “He admitted to being in the store that day,” said Sgt. Jeffrey Houston of the Arlington Police Department. “That, in combination with the evidence they collected, that was enough for them to say, definitively, that he was the suspect.”
A jail log shows that Everett was booked at 9:17 p.m. on Tuesday night. Bail information was not available on Wednesday.
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures