SXSW Suspect Arrested For DUI Before
AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – Police said Rashad Charjuan Owens, 21, is facing two counts of capital murder and 23 charges of aggravated assault after allegedly plowing through a crowd at SXSW in Austin. Officers said he was drunk and trying to avoid arrest when it happened.
Owens is a father and aspiring music producer. He has a home address in Killeen, but has ties to Alaska and grew up in South Carolina.
Owens was booked in by Killeen ISD police in October 2010 for criminal trespassing. In 2011, he received his GED in Alaska. It was in that state that Owens was arrested for criminal mischief, minor consuming alcohol, driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident. Prosecutors in Alaska dismissed two out of three charges in exchange for a guilty plea on the driving under the influence charge.
Bond was not set as of the time of this report Thursday afternoon.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan Agree To 4-Year Deal
- Rangers’ Hamilton Has No Emotions Facing Angels For 1st Time
- Irving July 4th Celebration Includes — Fireworks, Debris & Sewage
- Fort Worth Zoo’s New Lion Cubs Meet Dad For First Time
- Carrollton Woman Cuts Trip Short After Boarding Facility Lost Dog
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures