DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities in Dallas are investigating a series of at least eight suspicious fires in the overnight hours, all of which may have been started by an arsonist. This happened at various locations in the northwest part of the city.
Most of the fires were small, but two of them were at apartment complexes with people nearby. Both of those locations are found near the intersection of Webb Chapel Extension and Timberline Drive, not far from Northwest Highway. At one of the targeted complexes, a laundry room was torched. At the other complex, it was an area around the mailboxes which was set on fire.
The remaining blazes were either dumpster fires or grass fires. All eight of the incidents occurred over a span of about three hours.
There were no reports of injuries during any of these fires. However, officials are quick to point out that firefighters and police officers must still respond to these situations, and that takes resources away from other calls which may be more serious.
Arson investigators were very busy early Friday morning, hopping from one scene to the next. But there has been no word yet about a possible suspect in this case.
- University Park Police Looking For Thief Seen In Viral Chase Video
- Ibaka, DeRozan Lead Raptors Past Mavericks 94-86
- Second Time In 3 Months Hulen Mall Has Been Locked Down
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Keating Wins Runoff Election For Frisco City Council Position
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures