DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Dallas are investigating a home invasion where shots were fired. The incident happened just before 1:00 a.m. in the 2500 block of 56th Street in the east Oak Cliff area. One man was left injured after the ordeal.
According to police, a suspect kicked open the door of a home and started firing gunshots. A man inside of the house jumped through a window to escape and got cut up by the glass. He was taken to a nearby hospital and is expected to be okay.
A woman who was also inside of the home was able to hide from the intruder.
Police have not released any information about the possible suspect. It is not yet known if the shooter somehow knew the victims or if this was a random attack. Authorities have also not identified a motive behind the invasion.
- Rudolph Tosses 3 TDs As Oklahoma State Tops No. 22 Texas 49-31
- No. 13 Baylor Rallies To Top Iowa State 45-42
- Boy Dies Days After South Carolina School Shooting
- Woman Dies In Fiery Single-Vehicle Incident
- San Antonio Child Found Safe In Dallas; Suspect Still On Loose
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures