MANSFIELD (KRLD) — If you’re tired of corned beef and cabbage and looking for a new adventure to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, an event in historic Mansfield might be perfect for you.
The third annual World’s Only Best Maid St. Paddy’s Pickle Parade & Palooza begins on Friday. Visitors are invited to compete in a pickle eating contest, a pickle juice drinking contest, and dance with the Pickle Queen!
You can also run down Main Street dressed like a leprechaun, dive into a foamy bubble pit, or dance the day away to live disco music from Le Freak.
The party kicks off on Friday with 5K and 10K runs from 3-8 p.m. and live music from Clint Moody starting at 7 p.m. Events will take place at Steven’s Garden & Grill at 223 Depot St.
Events on Saturday begin at 8 a.m., while the downtown “Palooza”, featuring food and drinks and children’s activities, opens at noon on Smith, Oak and Main streets.
The parade begins and runs down Main Street on Saturday at 2 p.m.
For more information and a full schedule of events, visit PickleParade.org.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Public May Soon Have Access To 300-Year-Old Forest
- Praise, Criticism Of Supreme Court Decision On Temporary Travel Ban
- Dallas Among Cities Challenging Texas Sanctuary Cities Law In Court
- Commerce Police Chief Resigns After Run-In With Beauty Queen
- Keller Trying To Fix Rule Keeping People From Building Pools
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures