DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) With an expected crowd of 40,000 people for the St Patrick’s Day parade and surrounding events, the Dallas Police Department will be closing a number of streets in the Greenville Ave area.
Dallas Police are reminding all residents and visitors that street parking is limited and violators will be ticketed. Tow trucks will also be on stand-by. Carpooling or public transportation (DART) is highly recommended.
The Dash Down Greenville 5k will begin Saturday morning at 8:00 am at 5200 Greenville Ave and will end at 10:00 am.
The Dallas St. Patrick’s Day Parade is scheduled to start at 11:00 am at the 6700 block of Greenville Ave. and is expected to end at 1:30 pm. Please see the map of the street closures.
DPD is reminding all residents that even though the parade is scheduled to end at 1:30 pm, the streets will not re-open until 3:00 or 4:00 pm – after the streets have been cleaned and the barricades have been removed.
The St. Patrick’s Day Concert featuring Ludacris will begin at 12:30 pm (doors at noon) and will end at 7:00 pm. The concert will be in a fenced area at Energy Square (4925 Greenville). There are no street closures associated with this event.
The ‘Lower Greenville Block Party‘ block party will be in the 2800-2900 block of Greenville Ave. Street closures will begin at 8:00 am and will tentatively re-open at 8:00 pm.
Goodwin and Vanderbilt between Worcola and Matilda will be barricaded.
Greenville Ave between Vanderbilt and Vickery will close at 9 am and reopen at 8 pm.
Traffic in both directions of Greenville will be detoured east to Matilda.
The following streets will be one way westbound between Greenville and McMillan from 8 a – 8 p: Monticello, Ridgedale, Vanderbilt, Goodwin, Vickery and Miller.
The following streets will be one way eastbound between Greenville and Matilda from 8 a – 8 p: Marquita, Vanderbilt, Goodwin, Vickery, Llano and Velasco.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Man Sentenced To Life In Stomping Death Of Toddler
- Bruins Win Dramatic Game 7 And, Is It Finally The Capitals Year?
- Genetic Sleuthing Bolsters Food Poisoning Searches
- Tears Flow As Victims Of Waffle House Shooting Remembered
- Candlelight Vigil To Be Held For Fallen Dallas Police Officer
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures