ARLINGTON (AP) — A North Texas husband and wife have been charged with stealing about $400,000 worth of gold and jeweled sorority pins from where she works.
Arlington City Jail records show Mark Jason Stroface and Carla Rae Seals were being held Friday on charges of theft over $200,000 from Delta Delta Delta.
Bond was set at $100,000 apiece. Online jail records don’t list attorneys for the couple, who were booked Wednesday.
Arlington police on Feb. 27 were notified that about 2,000 sorority pins were missing from Delta Delta Delta headquarters. After members die their relatives often send the pins, as tradition, back to the headquarters.
Police have recovered some of the missing pins.
A sorority statement says Seals has been suspended without pay and that she’s not a Delta Delta Delta member.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Say Dozens Of Headstones Vandalized At Jewish Cemetery
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Scares Up Big $30.5 Million Debut
- Joseph Wapner, Star Of ‘The People’s Court,’ Dies At 97
- Officer Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Patrol Car
- Authorities Investigating Shooting At Dallas Police Substation
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures