Updated: March 18, 2014 9:55 AM
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman on a motorized scooter died after being hit by a vehicle in east Dallas on Monday morning. The incident was reported shortly before 2:45 a.m. in the 2300 block of Henderson Avenue, near Glencoe Street, just east of Central Expressway.
According to police, the woman was traveling down the street on her scooter when she was hit by an airport shuttle van. The scooter did not have lights and was not marked, authorities added.
The victim was taken to Baylor Medical Center Dallas and later pronounced dead. There were no other injuries in this incident.
Officials have not said whether or not the shuttle driver will face any charges.
- Man Gets Life Back After ID Thief Sentenced To Prison
- Top 5 Ways To Stay Safe At The Airport
- DPD Officer’s Injury From Ambush Ruled “Accidental”
- Rowlett Officer Sips Tea With Child He Saved From Choking
- Clinton Wins Historic Nomination, Emotional Boost From Bill
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures