AUSTIN (AP) – Texas will make its return to the NCAA tournament after a one-year absence, earning the No. 7 seed in the Midwest Region.
The Longhorns (23-10), who lost to Baylor in the Big 12 tournament semifinals, will face No. 10 seed Arizona State in the second round of the tournament in Milwaukee on Thursday.
The NCAA berth is the first since 2009 for the Sun Devils (21-11), who finished fifth in the Pac 12 this season despite losing five of their last seven games.
Texas was fourth in the Big 12 during the regular season, and it had top wins at North Carolina as well as over Iowa State and Kansas. The Longhorns lost in the opening round of the College Basketball Invitational to Houston last year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Tornado Damages Buildings In East Texas
- Family Warns Of Moldy Dog Food After Pets Get Sick
- Dallas Police Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Boy
- 8 Children Rescued From San Antonio Home In “Horrific” Child Abuse Case
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures