AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) — Austin Police have confirmed that a third victim has died as a result of injuries suffered in last week’s deadly crash at the South By Southwest Festival in Austin.
Officials say Sandy Le, 26, died this morning at University Medical Center Brackenridge as a result of her injuries. Le was one of two patients who remained in critical condition through the weekend.
The specific injuries that led to her death have not been released.
Rashad Charjuan Owens, the driver, was officially charged with one count of Capital Murder on Friday, though additional charges are expected to be added. The bond for the 21-year-old from Killeen has been set at $3 million.
A breath-test indicates that Owens had a blood-alcohol content of .114 when he fled from police, crashing into a crowd of concertgoers.
An officer looking for suspected drunk drivers spotted Owens’ 2012 gray Honda Civic without its headlines on before initiating the stop. According to police, Owens then cut through a gas station and sped the wrong way down a one-way street, before accelerating toward the crowd.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Suspect In Killings Of 2 Florida Officers Arrested At Bar
- Wear Solar Specs Or Make A Viewer To Safely Watch Eclipse
- Statue At Robert E. Lee Park In Dallas Vandalized
- Cowboys’ Carroll Scheduled For Pre-Trial Tuesday On DWI Charge
- ‘Free Speech Rally’ Cut Short After Massive Counterprotest
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures