DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeless man is dead after he was struck by a TRE train Tuesday morning.
According to DART, three men were on the tracks at Medical Center Blvd., as the train approached traveling westbound around 11 a.m. They all ran from the tracks to escape the oncoming train. One of the the men did not get far away enough from the tracks and was hit. He was taken to Parkland hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No other injuries were reported, according to DART. Train service resumed about an hour later once the investigation wrapped up.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- San Antonio Child Found Safe In Dallas
- Rangers Beat Rays; Clinch Home Field In Playoffs
- Widow Of Veteran Facing Foreclosure From HOA
- Trio Allegedly Robbed Store, Beat Clerk
- Texas Exits Refugee Resettlement Program Over Security Concerns
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures