DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeless man is dead after he was struck by a TRE train Tuesday morning.
According to DART, three men were on the tracks at Medical Center Blvd., as the train approached traveling westbound around 11 a.m. They all ran from the tracks to escape the oncoming train. One of the the men did not get far away enough from the tracks and was hit. He was taken to Parkland hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No other injuries were reported, according to DART. Train service resumed about an hour later once the investigation wrapped up.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Lose Big Lead And Game To Indians
- Road Rage Victim’s Family: ‘It’s Tough For Us All, But We’ll Make It Through’
- Public May Soon Have Access To 300-Year-Old Forest
- Praise, Criticism Of Supreme Court Decision On Temporary Travel Ban
- Dallas Among Cities Challenging Texas Sanctuary Cities Law In Court
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures