Stars Lehtonen Expected To Start Following Concussion
Buy Stars Tickets
Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen is expected to start Tuesday night’s road game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Lehtonen has not appeared in a game since suffering a concussion on March 8, when Minnesota center Erik Haula ran him over and knocked off his helmet.
Lehtonen went through his first full practice last Friday.
Veteran Tim Thomas started the last three game in Lehtonen’s absence, going 1-2 with a .883 save percentage while allowing seven goals. In his last appearance at Winnipeg, the 39-year-old allowed four goals and was pulled early in the second period.
Dallas enters Tuesday’s game in ninth place in the Western Conference, losers of two straight. The Stars are two games behind Phoenix with two games in hand.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Sales For Holiday Shopping Season Come Down To The Wire
- Texas State Parks Draw New Year’s Hikers, Visitors
- Rick Perry To Attend Conservative Summit In Iowa
- Two People Hit, Killed By SUV In Fort Worth
- Flu Cases Spiking Across North Texas
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures