7-Year-Old Dallas Girl Killed In Hit & Run
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas Police have found a car in Northeast Dallas they believe was involved in a deadly hit-and-run accident, but they are still looking for the driver.
7-year-old Melany Valdez was the victim of the hit-and-run and was killed in the accident.
Witnesses say Valdez was playing outside last night and ran into to the street.
She was hit by a black 2008 Chrysler on Hemlock Avenue, near Park Lane.
A witness followed the car they saw hit Valdez to an apartment complex in the area.
Dallas Police worked with that witness to find the car, but have not found the person who may have been driving it.
Valdez was taken to Presbyterian Hospital by another adult who was also on the scene. She was pronounced dead an hour later.
Valdez was a first grader at Jack Lowe Elementary.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DPD Bicycle Officer Collapses While On The Job
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Shoot Or Don’t Shoot? Simulator Puts Citizens In Police Officer’s Shoes
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- With Water Restrictions Easing Soon, Will Residents Return To Old Ways?
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures