BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) – Balch Springs Police have arrested a 29-year old man in the burning of a 3-month-old boy.
Roger Franco is the boyfriend of the baby’s mother, and he’s accused of running hot water over the baby who suffered third degree burns over 50 percent of his body.
It happened Saturday night, but the couple didn’t take the baby to Parkland hospital until the next morning, after the baby woke up screaming. Doctors say the baby will need skin grafts.
Franco is from Honduras. He is being held in the Dallas County Jail on Injury to a Child charges.
Police say the baby’s mother was not home at the time the baby was burned and is not facing any charges at this time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Spirited Debate Over Future Of Fair Park
- Ponder Booster Club Out $21K, Parents Blame Fellow Member
- Murder Mystery In San Marcos Impacts North Texas Family
- Mysterious Tunnels Under North Texas Explained
- “No Trespassing Signs” Going Up At Tent City Under I-45
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures