Hazmat Crews Respond To Recycling Plant In Farmers Branch
FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – Hazmat crews have responded to a recycling facility in Farmers Branch, where an unknown vapor has escaped into the air.
Nearly a dozen people have been treated, complaining of itchy eyes and a sore throat. One person was transported to a nearby hospital after having difficulty breathing.
“Irving Hazmat is on location, trying to track down what the irritant might be,” said Rachel Johnson with the city of Farmers Branch.
The Balcones recycling facility, located at 13921 Senlac Drive at Valwood Parkway, handles commercial recycling in the Dallas area.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lady Bears Fall Short Of Final Four, Prepare For Next Season
- Pre-Game Playlist: Devon Still ‘Shakes It Off’ With Daughter Leah
- Parkland Hospital Unveils New Facility
- Texas Freshman Myles Turner Says He’ll Enter NBA Draft
- Mosquito Season Begins In Dallas County
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures