McCarney Signs 5-Year Deal With UNT
DENTON (AP) – North Texas coach Dan McCarney has signed a new five-year contract worth at least $3.6 million after the Mean Green’s first bowl victory in 11 seasons.
The school said McCarney’s deal has a base salary of $600,000 a season with another $125,000 in annual guaranteed incentives. There are other potential incentives worth another $125,000 per season.
McCarney and school officials had said two weeks ago that the deal was done and being reviewed. The contract signed Thursday replaces the final two years he had left on his initial five-year deal.
The 60-year-old McCarney is 18-19 in three seasons with the Mean Green. They were 13-58 the six seasons before that.
North Texas was 9-4 last season, including a win over UNLV in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Over 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures