Rangers’ Darvish Scratched From Start With Stiff Neck
SURPRISE (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas Rangers starter Yu Darvish has been scratched from his scheduled Friday Minor League start due to a stiff neck.
The team does not believe it is a serious injury and still expects Darvish to make his scheduled start on Opening Day, according to MLB.com.
Darvish said the stiffness came after he slept on it wrong two nights ago. The problem is not related to the back injury that hampered the team’s ace last season.
Darvish is scheduled to oppose Phillies’ starter Cliff Lee at Globe Life Park in Arlington on March 31.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Vet Ticketed For Walking On Wrong Side Of Street
- Uber Driver Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of Customer
- Warning About Drones Used In Terrorist Attacks
- Fan Collapses Before Astros Game
- Man’s Car Burglarized After He Was Likely Followed From Bank
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures