Dewhurst & Patrick Making Joint Appearance
Get Breaking News First
KERRVILLE (AP) - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and his Republican runoff rival, state Sen. Dan Patrick, are making a relatively rare joint appearance.
Dewhurst and Patrick are to address the Republican Women of Kerr County in Kerrville on Friday.
Debates and candidate forums are exceedingly common among the candidates for lieutenant governor, but only prior to the March 4 Republican primary.
Patrick easily garnered the most votes that day but not a majority among four candidates.
That means the tea party favorite from Houston and Dewhurst, Texas lieutenant governor since 2003, are competing in the May 27 runoff. They had been scheduled to debate this week in Houston, but Patrick canceled after organizers refused to allow media coverage.
That means the Kerrville event could be one of the few occasions both appear together.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gas Leak May Have Caused House Explosion That Injured 6
- Dallas Sheriff’s Deputy On Leave After Sexual Assault Indictment
- Resident Records School Zone “Chaos” Outside Middle School
- Concussion Screenings Now Common For Young Athletes
- Sternest Charge Over Texas Man’s Pot Brownies Dropped
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures