PLANO (CBS 11 NEWS)- A Plano firefighter is being hailed a hero after he saved two twin babies from a burning home.
The blaze broke out on the 1800 block of Nest street in Plano early Thursday evening.
Firefighter Randy Wood was one of the first on scene and managed to get a frantic mother out of the house. Then she yelled out for her babies.
Firefighter wood said his heart dropped and started searching for the babies. He said, “I ended up finding the babies in the master bedroom taking a nap.”
According to him, the babies were about 30 seconds from being overcome by the smoke that was filling up the room they were in.
A picture taken following the rescue of Firefighter Wood and the two children has been seen hundreds of times on social media.
Wood added, “That’s what we are trained to do. That’s what our job is.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- A Waiting Game As John Wiley Price Jury Continues Deliberations
- ‘Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules Jailed After Deadly Iowa Crash
- Former All-Pro Linebacker Says Race A Factor In Desoto Coach’s Possible Firing
- Report: Fewer Immigrants Without Status Since 2009
- Fiat Chrysler, Google Offering Rides In Self-Driving Cars
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures