Plano Firefighter Saves Two Babies From Fire
Get Breaking News First
PLANO (CBS 11 NEWS)- A Plano firefighter is being hailed a hero after he saved two twin babies from a burning home.
The blaze broke out on the 1800 block of Nest street in Plano early Thursday evening.
Firefighter Randy Wood was one of the first on scene and managed to get a frantic mother out of the house. Then she yelled out for her babies.
Firefighter wood said his heart dropped and started searching for the babies. He said, “I ended up finding the babies in the master bedroom taking a nap.”
According to him, the babies were about 30 seconds from being overcome by the smoke that was filling up the room they were in.
A picture taken following the rescue of Firefighter Wood and the two children has been seen hundreds of times on social media.
Wood added, “That’s what we are trained to do. That’s what our job is.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Hold Off Canucks To Win 6-3
- Consumer Alert: Another Road Block In Air Bags Recall
- Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee Dies At 93
- Top 5 Places To Look For Hidden Fees & How To Avoid Them
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut Up To 1,300 Jobs
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures