Teens Encouraged By Faith At West “Rise Up Rally”
WEST (CBS 11 News) – More than a thousand people attended the “Rise Up Rally” for West students Saturday evening.
The concert put on by the First Baptist Church of West was intended to provide encouragement to West teenagers as they continue to go through the struggles of rebuilding their town.
Last April a fertilizer plant explosion destroyed a large section of the town in West – killing 15 people.
Pastor John Crowder said, “We have come a long way in our recovery but there is still a lot of hard work ahead both emotionally and physically.”
The highlight of the night’s event was the special guest appearance of the stars of the TV show “Duck Dynasty,” Sadie and John Luke Robertson.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top Goals, Saves From Stanley Cup Playoffs Round One
- NFL Relinquishing Tax-Exempt Status
- Boxing Insider Talk: Steve Farhood, Boxing Analyst
- Synthetic Marijuana Use Spikes, Concerns Lawmakers
- Kentucky Derby Preview: American Pharoah, Dortmund Favorites To Win
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures