Teens Encouraged By Faith At West “Rise Up Rally”
WEST (CBS 11 News) - More than a thousand people attended the “Rise Up Rally” for West students Saturday evening.
The concert put on by the First Baptist Church of West was intended to provide encouragement to West teenagers as they continue to go through the struggles of rebuilding their town.
Last April a fertilizer plant explosion destroyed a large section of the town in West – killing 15 people.
Pastor John Crowder said, “We have come a long way in our recovery but there is still a lot of hard work ahead both emotionally and physically.”
The highlight of the night’s event was the special guest appearance of the stars of the TV show “Duck Dynasty,” Sadie and John Luke Robertson.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures