ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington police say one man is dead and three more are injured after a shooting around 1:30 a.m. Sunday outside a bar in the 2700 block of Majesty Dr.
Authorities say the shooting outside Jumbo Pockets Sports Bar and Billiards had escalated from an altercation inside.
Bar employees escorted an unknown number of people outside the bar because of the altercation.
Once outside the bar, one man began shooting at a group of people, according to witnesses.
The shooter ran after shots were fired, and the crowd disbursed, according to police spokeswoman Tiara Richard.
Four people were struck in the shooting – all men. Three of the men were taken by ambulance to Medical Center of Arlington.
One of the three men died from his injuries. He has been identified as 24-year-old Ketron Nathan of Arlington.
The fourth man was transported to Texas General Hospital in Grand Prairie by personal vehicle. He was later transferred to JPS Hospital.
The three men who survived the shooting did not have life threatening injuries, according to police.
It is unclear at this time if the four men were targeted by the gunmen, and an investigation into the case is ongoing.
Police have not specified if there is a person of interest or suspect yet in the case.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Surveillance Video Shows Speeding Problem On Duncanville Street
- Building Codes Require New Schools To Include Tornado Shelters, But Many Won’t Have Them
- Dallas Mom Survives Stray Bullet To The Head
- Flooded Homeowners Sue Houston, Alleging Negligence
- Police Arrest Man After High Speed Chase With Infant
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures