BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities in Bedford are reaching out for help in solving the murder of a 27-year-old woman. Her roommate is now missing. Police first thought that he might be danger, but now believe that he is the woman’s killer.
It was Sunday afternoon when officers from the Bedford Police Department went to the Colonial Village at Shoal Creek apartments in order to check on Tracy Anderson. Her mother called authorities after she had not heard from her daughter since Friday night. “They went inside and found the resident deceased,” said Lt. David Smith.
Anderson was stabbed several times. Friends said that she was pregnant, and a very nice person who was liked by many. “Best we can tell, her mom talked to her approximately 8:00 p.m. Friday night,” Smith stated. “We’re trying to get a hold of other people who may have been in contact with her since that time.”
According to investigators, it looks as though someone forced their way into the apartment where the victim and roommate lived. The two had just moved into the Bedford building only three weeks ago.
“People are uncomfortable,” explained neighbor Bill Finstad. “I’m uncomfortable. But I just try to realize that it appears like it could be isolated — we don’t know yet.
Officers are searching for that missing roommate, 26-year-old Robert Atlas. Police originally said that they were worried for the man’s safety. But on Monday morning, authorities issued a capital murder warrant for Atlas. He may be driving a silver 2011 Dodge Charger with the temporary license tag 12M6970.
Smith said that Anderson and Atlas had dated in the past, but he was not sure they were still a couple.
Anybody who knows where Atlas might be located is urged to contact the Bedford Police Department immediately at 817-952-2127 or Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS.
- Lighting Sets Three Frisco Homes Ablaze
- STAAR Exam At Center Of Lawsuit Filed By Texas Attorney
- Health Care Confusion Continues in North Texas… Despite New Transparency Law
- Top 5 Tips For A Successful Garage Sale
- Barbecue Joint Receives Death Threats After Offering Rougned Odor Free Food
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures