DFW Security Officials Preparing For Final Four
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Chances are pretty high that this past weekend’s NCAA men’s basketball games blew up your carefully thought-out bracket. But the countdown to the Final Four in North Texas is on. Officials at Dallas City Hall on Monday are set to get a security briefing in order to prepare for the wide range of events coming to the Metroplex.
Bracket Town opens at the Dallas Convention Center on April 4, and there is a big music festival featuring stars like Bruce Springsteen and Jason Aldean. A vast number of visitors are also expected to hit up area bars and restaurants before and after the various games.
Law enforcement officials are having their first briefing on Monday regarding security for these upcoming NCAA events. Police will be strategically posted in and around the venues, and the Dallas Emergency Operations Center is set to be working around the clock from April 3 through April 8 as the control facility for emergency responders.
There is also going to be a lot of coordination between cities and North Texas agencies. Dallas Area Rapid Transit plans to keep people updated with the latest information on Twitter. And restaurants have been asked to stay open longer in order to accomodate everyone in downtown. One of the lessons learned in other cities was that there were not enough places open late after the games, causing those few places which were open to experience overcrowding.
Officials want everyone who plans to attend these NCAA events — from the Final Four games to the downtown concert — to know that they are safe and protected.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A Grieving Mother’s Question to Police: “Wouldn’t You Get Him Medical Treatment Before An Arrest?”
- Report: Fort Worth Police & Fire Taking Longer To Respond
- Security Changes For DFW Airport After Weekend Scare
- Arlington Teen Makes A Wish To Further His Education
- Police: Serial Rapist Offered In-Home Massage And Hair Services
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures