DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Denton Police on Monday released the names of the people involved in a head-on crash that left one person dead and two others critically hurt.
The deceased was identified as 27-year-old Tessa Butler from Aubrey. She was killed when the Mazda in which she was a passenger was struck by a pickup truck driven by 21-year-old Hector Soto from Garland. The driver of the Mazda, Roger Bryant, age 49, from Denton remains hospitalized at Medical Center of Plano.
Soto – who is also hospitalized at the same Plano hospital – will be charged with intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault, said Denton Police spokesman Ryan Grelle.
According to Grelle, the pickup truck was heading southbound along Sherman Road late Monday night when the driver started to move around traffic in a passing zone. The truck hit the small Mazda head on.
The truck wound up on top of a pole-fence and burst into flames. Soto was able to get out before the truck caught fire, police said.
Follow Giles Hudson on Twitter: @CBS11Giles.
- State Rep. Wants To End Incentives For Film Industry In Wake Of Weinstein Revelations
- Passionate Arguments On Future Of Confederate Monuments In Dallas
- Judge HR Sparks NY, Yanks Beat Astros 6-4 To Even ALCS At 2
- Celebrate 20 Years Of Dirk!
- Football Game Cancelled After Head-On Crash Involving School Bus
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures