Teen’s Body Pulled From South Oak Cliff Creek
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A child’s body was pulled from a South Oak Cliff creek, near W. Ledbetter Drive and Village Fair place, around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Dallas Independent School District confirms the body is that of a 14-year-old student, who attended Village Fair, an alternative school for 6th-8th graders.
It appears the teen drowned in the creek while going for a swim on Monday.
The teen skipped school with another student that day, according to a DISD spokesperson.
The teen has not been identified, pending notification of his family.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NBA Fines Mark Cuban For Free Agency Comments
- Cowboys Dez, Giants JPP + The Fireworks
- Brian McBride Previews Gold Cup Soccer
- Google Trying Driverless Car In Austin
- Texan Gets 60 Years In Child Pornography Cases
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures