DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The host of College Football’s first Playoff championship game: AT&T Stadium. The first trophy sponsor: Dr. Pepper.
Dr. Pepper will be the presenting sponsor of the trophy awarded to the winner of the new College Football Playoff championship to be played on Jan. 12, 2015.
The four-team playoff will begin this season, replacing the Bowl Championship Series.
Dr. Pepper is the first corporate partner for the College Football Playoff championship. The deal is for six years.
ESPN also announced Dr. Pepper will be the official sponsor of the Southeastern Conference on ESPN and the SEC Network, and continue to be the title sponsor of the Atlantic Coast Championship game and Pac-12 championship game.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Survey: 15 Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Hate Killing Suspect’s Kin ‘Shocked, Horrified’
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures