NFL To Tweak Replay Reviews
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – The NFL officiating department will oversee replay reviews on challenged plays beginning next season.
League owners passed a rule Tuesday in which referees can consult with director of officiating Dean Blandino and his staff to help determine whether a call should be upheld or overturned.
Blandino and other staff will be monitoring the games, and they will immediately begin reviewing challenges before the referee even gets to his monitor. They then can make recommendations on what replays to look at, but the referee still will make the final decision.
Blandino believes the change will speed up the review process and help ensure the calls are made correctly.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sales For Holiday Shopping Season Come Down To The Wire
- Texas State Parks Draw New Year’s Hikers, Visitors
- Rick Perry To Attend Conservative Summit In Iowa
- Two People Hit, Killed By SUV In Fort Worth
- Flu Cases Spiking Across North Texas
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures