ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Perhaps the medicine the Texas Rangers needed was a strong game after getting another dose of injury news Tuesday morning.
Starting pitcher Yu Darvish is going back to North Texas to get his ailing neck checked out. The Rangers announced that Darvish would be scratched from Monday’s season opener against the Philadelphia Phillies at Globe Life Park in Arlington.
In Tuesday’s game against the Cleveland Indians, fans got to see a preview of what the top of the lineup is capable of doing. Shin-Soo Choo opened the game with a single. Elvis Andrus executed the hit-and-run to perfection. Two batters later, Adrian Beltre’s single to right scored Choo and Andrus for the first two runs of the game.
In the sixth inning, outfielder Michael Choice hit a two-run homer to left field. Mitch Moreland scored ahead of him to make the score 4-0.
That was more than enough for Robbie Ross. He went seven innings while giving up four hits, three walks and striking out eight Indians.
Ross did have some shaky moments. He gave up a base hit to the first batter he faced in the first and second innings. In the fourth, Ross walked two consecutive batters. During his seven inning performance, Ross was able to get a key strikeout, ground out or double play to escape without any damage.
“Obviously, we’ve got a bunch of guys that make a bunch of plays behind me,” explained Ross after the game.
Ron Washington described yesterday and today’s game as “strong”. The Rangers beat the A’s Monday, 6-2. Today’s game was a 5-0 masterpiece.
That’s some good medicine for this ailing Rangers team.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Students Trek South To Help Another Football Team
- “Extremely Dangerous” Dam Failure Prompts Evacuations In Puerto Rico
- Tens Of Millions Of Dollars Remain In Past Dallas Bond Programs
- Wheels And Warbirds Come To Addison
- Big Tex, Extra Security In Place As Preparations Continue For State Fair
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures