Clark Confirmed As New Head Of MLBPA
NEW YORK (AP) – Tony Clark has been confirmed as the new head of the Major League Baseball Players Association.
The former All-Star became acting executive director when Michael Weiner died Nov. 21, then was given the job in a unanimous vote by the union’s executive board on Dec. 3.
The union said Thursday that Clark was approved in a secret ballot and online vote conducted among players.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 1 Dead In Single-Car Accident
- Study: Sauna Bathing Linked With Increased Life Span
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures