NEW YORK (AP) — Tony Clark has been confirmed as the new head of the Major League Baseball Players Association.
The former All-Star became acting executive director when Michael Weiner died Nov. 21, then was given the job in a unanimous vote by the union’s executive board on Dec. 3.
The union said Thursday that Clark was approved in a secret ballot and online vote conducted among players.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Online Dating Services Racking Up BBB Complaints
- American To Add 5 New Gates At Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
- Obama Asking Congress For Emergency Funding To Combat Zika
- Beyonce Announces 2016 Formation World Tour
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” Tops Super Bowl Box Office
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures