FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – An ex-con is sentenced to 45 years in jail for leading police in North Texas on two wild high speed chases.
54 year old John B. Isbell has been convicted on two charges of aggravated assault on a public servant and deadly conduct after he led police on two high speed chases on consecutive days back in July of 2012 where he pulled a shotgun on an Azle police officer and shot at a motorists car in Lake Worth.
This will be the second time he’s going back to prison.
In 1981 he was convicted of aggravated robbery. In that case, authorities say Isbell participated in a violent home-invasion robbery in Houston that left two people dead and three others wounded.
Isbell was on parole for that crime when he led police on the highspeed chases in Tarrant County.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Killed After Shooting At Allen Police Officers
- The Ones To Know: Verne Lundquist
- Cowboys Fan’s Confidence Is Off The Charts
- Homeowners Want McKinney To Backpedal On New Bike Signs
- Winter Carriage Rides Keep Workers In The Cold
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures