FORT WORTH (AP) – The city of Fort Worth has reached a tentative $102,500 settlement with a property owner whose three-bedroom house was mistakenly torn down last year.
City spokesman Bill Begley told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that subject to City Council approval, the city has agreed to pay $62,500, the contractor agreed to $15,000, and the contractor’s insurer agreed to pay $25,000.
The potential settlement will go before the council in about two weeks.
The home near the shore of Lake Worth was torn down on July 12 after a city crew marked the wrong house for demolition. It should have marked the house next door.
The day before, the same city-hired contractor incorrectly tore down two homes on a lot instead of, per its work order, only the fire-damaged one.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New York’s ‘Fearless Girl’ Statue Is Moving To New Location
- American Teachers Use Social Media In Uprisings, Fight For Funding
- First Saudi Movie Theater Opens With Popcorn And ‘Black Panther’
- Corey Chavous Says Bradley Chubb Is Top Prospect In NFL Draft
- FAA Orders Fan Blade Inspections After Jet Engine Explosion
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures