When you have a computer question, you naturally call on a high school student.
Senior class sponsor at L.D. Bell, Amanda Renner, was looking for a way to eliminate the old pen and paper ticketing process for the prom. Enter juniors Richard Kriesman and Jonathan Finn. Along with Computer Science teacher Mrs. Fuller and web designer Mrs. Larson, the boys worked together to create a web app that sped up the ticketing process and gave the students a real-time display of available seating.
Kriesman did the back-end coding and and Finn handled the design.
Both students intend to pursue careers in technology after high school and already have a project described as “awesome!” by classmates, to add to their portfolios.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Houston Zoo Reinstalls Signs Prohibiting Guns
- Report: US Abortions Continue To Decline, Down
- Dallas Restaurant Serving Free Thanksgiving Meals
- More Opportunities To Head Down Under
- Fourth Arrest Made in Plano Teen’s Slaying
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures