PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Eagles have released wide receiver DeSean Jackson.
The team cut Jackson on Friday. He was coming off a career-best season in Philadelphia, leading the team with 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns.
Jackson had a $10.25 million contract for the 2014 season, a stiff price the Eagles were not willing to pay. He was signed through 2016.
He has 356 career receptions for 6,117 yards and 32 touchdowns. The 27-year-old Jackson is entering his seventh season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Meteor Credited For Bright Light, Noise Rattling Michigan
- Crowley ISD Opens Schools Early To Help Keep Students Warm
- ‘Murder, She Wrote’ Star Lansbury, 92, Schools Young Actors
- Spezza Scores 2 As Stars Beat Red Wings 4-2
- Kansas State Routs No. 4 Oklahoma 87-69
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures