FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Many North Texans came together in Fort Worth Saturday morning to walk ‘towards a cure for multiple sclerosis.’
The National MS Society event and began at 9 a.m., wrapping around a course near the Trinity River. Walkers could pick from a one mile event or a 5k.
Thousands of dollars were raised through the charity event by a recording breaking number of volunteers, according to a press release.
That money will go toward efforts to find a cure for the more than 2.3 million Americans living with MS.
Some of the cure efforts include life-changing programs and cutting-edge research that takes place at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Southern Methodist University.
If you missed today’s event but are still interested in the cause, you can sign up for ‘Bike MS Sams Club Round-Up Ride’ on April 12 by going to this website.
Here’s a picture from one group of TCU students who attended today’s event:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Agents In South Texas Seize $16M In Counterfeit-Label Items
- Donald Glover Cool With His Lando Calrissian Being Pansexual In “Solo”
- JC Penney Shares Plunge After CEO Ellison Departs For Lowe’s
- Summer Learning Can Be Fun With The Proper Planning
- Martinez & Betts Powering Red Sox To Top Of AL East
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures