HOUSTON (AP) – A prosecutor has told jurors that a Houston woman stabbed her already injured boyfriend to death by sitting on him and striking him in the face at least 25 times with her stiletto heel.
Ana Trujillo is charged with murder in the death of 59-year-old Alf Stefan Andersson as the two argued at his condominium last June.
During opening statements Monday at Trujillo’s trial in Houston, prosecutor Sarah Mickelson said the two had a contentious relationship and that Trujillo had a history of being angry with Andersson.
Prosecutors also say Andersson, a professor and researcher at the University of Houston, became angry when a man tried to buy Trujillo a drink at a nightclub the couple had visited earlier.
Trujillo’s attorney, John Carroll, told jurors that Andersson had repeatedly abused his client, and that on the night of the slaying she had used the shoe to defend herself from another of his attacks.
Carroll also said his client has “a very valid self-defense claim.”
The 45-year-old Trujillo is free on a $100,000 bond.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavs Acquire PF/C Nerlens Noel
- Chronic Stress Linked To A Bigger Waistline In New Study
- Reports: MRI On Hamilton’s Knee Comes Back Clean
- Roy Talks To Legendary NHL Player, NBC Analyst Jeremy Roenick
- ‘Extremely Critical’ Wildfire Alert In Texas, 2 Other States
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures