Court Won’t Review Texas Bomb Plot Case
AMARILLO (AP) - A federal appeals court says it won’t re-hear the appeal of a former Texas college student convicted of trying to make a bomb in a religious attack.
The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals denied a hearing for Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, convicted two years ago of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.
A three-judge panel of the appeals court had already rejected Aldawsari’s appeal, but it announced late last week that it refused a request for the case to be heard by the entire membership of the court, in what’s known as an en banc hearing.
Aldawsari is a former Texas Tech student who emigrated from Saudi Arabia. He is serving a life sentence at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors: Play It Safe When Christmas Decorating
- Banks Declining Purchases For Protection But Frustrate Customer
- Mavs Travel North To Face Raptors
- Stars Look To Extend Winning Streak Against Wild
- One Dead After Fort Worth Apartment Fire
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures