GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A man is under arrest after leading police in Grand Prairie on a slow-speed chase. The incident started just after 11:00 p.m. Monday night, when police tried to perform a traffic stop not far from Mountain Creek Lake. The male driver refused to pull over for officers and the pursuit began.
A few blocks later, a woman jumped from the car and told authorities that the man in the vehicle had her child.
The chase continued into an apartment complex located at the intersection of Pioneer Parkway and Corn Valley Road. Police used spike strips to force the man’s car to stop. But even then, they had to break out his windows and hit him with a Taser to get the suspect out of the vehicle.
The child inside of the car was not injured. The suspect was checked out by paramedics and then taken to jail. He was later determined to be the child’s father.
Three police squad cars also ran over the spike strips during this incident, and were left with flat tires. But no officers were hurt.
- Fliers On Campus Seek ‘Sugar Daddies’ For Female Students
- Fan Drops Ring During Yankee Stadium Engagement
- Team Jack Wins NASCAR’s $100,000 Humanitarian Award
- Phelps Offers Inspirational Words For U.S. Ryder Cup Team
- Martin Shkreli Raffling Chance To Punch Him In The Face
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures