Russell Wilson To Throw Out 1st Pitch For Rangers Tonight
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Super Bowl winner Russell Wilson is set for another ceremonial showing with the Texas Rangers.
The Seattle Seahawks quarterback will throw out the first pitch Wednesday night before the finale of a three-game series between the Rangers and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Texas selected Wilson from Colorado in the Triple-A portion of the Rule 5 draft on Dec. 12, a little less than two months before the Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos 43-8 in the Super Bowl.
Wilson spent a day in uniform with the Rangers at spring training in Surprise, Ariz., but didn’t appear in a game against Cleveland on March 3.
An infielder, Wilson hit .229 in two seasons in the low minor leagues in Colorado’s system in 2010-11.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures