FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM) — Neighbors of suspected Fort Hood shooting suspect Ivan Lopez say the man’s wife was hysterical on Wednesday as news broke of the deadly shooting.
Neighbors reported seeing the woman worried and crying outside of her residence — this before news broke to the public that Lopez was the suspected shooter.
“She was worried, and she was crying, and she had a little girl with her,” said neighbor Xanderia Morris to CNN.
According to CNN, the wife became hysterical when she found out that her husband was the suspect. She reportedly had not heard from her husband all day.
The suspect’s wife is reportedly cooperating with investigators, who are trying to piece together the events surrounding the deadly attack.
CBS 11 was able to track down Lopez and his history of service in the armed forces.
Prior to landing at Fort Hood, the 34-year-old Lopez was stationed in El Paso. Before that, it appears that Lopez lived in Puerto Rico.
Lopez served four months in Iraq in 2011. Upon returning from duty, he diagnosed himself with a traumatic brain injury. He had not officially been diagnosed with PTSD, but was going through the diagnosis process.
Three victims remain in critical condition as of Thursday morning, while six others were upgraded to fair condition.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Things You’re Paying Too Much For
- Deep Ellum’s Violent Crime Spike Has People On Edge
- Tyson Recalls 65 Tons Of Chicken Nuggets
- Houston’s J.J. Watt Could Be Out For The Season
- Man Tries To Record Police Brutality, Helps Officer Instead
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures