MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – McKinney police said three teenagers — two boys and a girl — younger than 17 were rushed to two different hospitals after overdosing on drugs within a 12 hour period on Saturday.
Investigators said they believe all three youngsters ingested a synthetic form of LSD referred to as “N-Bomb” (or 25I).
In a news release, McKinney police say “N-bomb” is injested as a liquid, a powder or as a tab on blotter paper. Investigators said the synthetic drug is also being eaten on Sweet-Tart candies. Some of the side effects of “N-Bomb” include aggression, agitation, visual and auditory hallucinations and seizures.
Police call it a very dangerous drug.
A source told CBS 11 News that two of the teens were found naked — one, wandering along U.S. Highway 380. Students at McKinney Boyd High School said news of the incident is making the rounds at school.
“Twitter and social media are like huge deals. If you do something like the whole school will know about it in a couple of minutes. Everyone knows who it was,” said freshman Parker Pinnell.
McKinney ISD isn’t commenting except to say it’s a police matter. But students such as freshman Harper Prentice said it’s another reminder about the dangers of drugs.
“Drugs are really serious and that you don’t just play around with that especially when you’re so long.”
The Collin County Substance Abuse Coalition says students are continuing to abuse heroin, and synthetic drugs such as K-2, and painkillers such as hydrocodone.. The Coalition’s free community forum will feature experts who will help parents try to prevent their children from becoming hooked on drugs.
The event will be held Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and noon at Collin College at the Spring Creek Campus at 2800 E. Spring Creek Blvd. in Plano.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Basketball Game Looks To Unite Dallas Community
- Frisco ISD Moves Forward After Rejected Property Tax Increase
- Frisco Police Find Two Injured In Shooting At Sports Bar
- Rescue Teams Search For Swimmer In Lake Lewisville
- Reed Gets Victory At The Barclays, Secures Ryder Cup Spot
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures