GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – Tuesday looks to be a busy day at DFW International Airport, as fans in town for the NCAA Championship game start heading back home. There are plenty of people in Connecticut shirts roaming around the airport, and even more available for sale at the airport gift shops.
Some of the fans are tired after a night of celebrating their team’s big win. But almost everyone is still thrilled about the experience.
Diehard fans were eager to talk about their love of the game and the love of their team.
“The stadium was so full of Kentucky fans, felt a little bit overwhelmed with that,” said UConn fan Stephanie Palmer. “But it was great to see the team do what they do best.”
“It’s amazing,” added fellow UConn fan Don Palmer. “It’s unbelievable, because they were not expected to do well, and they really came through and exceeded expectations.”
Even some Kentucky fans — and a former championship player from 1978 — are keeping their heads high despite the loss. “Every time you get to go to one of these things, you obviously want the home team to win,” said former Wildcats champion Jack Givens. “But the thing you want more than anything is for the guys to represent the school well, and they did.”
Airport officials are prepared for the larger crowds on Tuesday. Extra airport ambassadors have been brought in to help answer travel questions, and additional security workers are at the airport as well. Plus, as an added bonus, little Final Four luggage tags are being given away for free, as another reminder that North Texas just hosted this big and fun event.
- Top 5 Thanksgiving Games Of All-Time
- 7 Sports Personalities You Shouldn’t Invite To Thanksgiving
- Meals On Wheels Prepares Thanksgiving Deliveries
- Ugly Sweater Shop Revels In Holiday Limelight
- Refugees Celebrate Thanksgiving Together In Dallas
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures