Chevy, GMC & Toyota Earn Top Ratings In Crash Test
CBSNEWS – The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety looked at nine 2014 models, but only three of them got good crash ratings. The Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain and Toyota Highlander earned the top safety picks.
The test, instituted in 2012, is more difficult than the U.S. government’s frontal crash test, in which a car strikes a rigid barrier head-on at 35 mph. IIHS says hitting only part of the front end makes it harder for cars to manage the energy from a crash. The test “continues to challenge manufacturers more than a year and a half after its introduction.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Hillsboro Man Gets 40 Years For Hurting Infant Son
- CBS Sports’ Tony Gonzalez Talks Broncos vs. Dolphins
- Texas Auditor Criticizes Program Run By Schools
- Mother’s Intuition Screamed ‘Predator’ After Run-In With Child Abuser
- Traffic Alert: TxDOT Switching Lanes ON 75
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures