Former Pro Wrestler Ultimate Warrior Dies At 54
Sports Fan Insider
AP – The WWE says James Hellwig, better known as former pro wrestler The Ultimate Warrior, has died. He was 54.
The WWE announced Hellwig’s death Tuesday night in a statement, though no details were given.
Hellwig was one of pro wrestling’s biggest stars in the late 1980s. He beat Hulk Hogan in a memorable match at Wrestlemania in 1990.
He was in the spotlight again earlier this week, making appearances at the latest Wrestlemania in New Orleans and on “Monday Night Raw,” and being inducted into the WWE Hall of fame.
WWE chairman Vince McMahon tweeted: “We are all so sad the Ultimate Warrior has passed away. Our heart is with his wife Dana and his two daughters.”
The WWE didn’t immediately respond to a message from The Associated Press seeking additional details.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Border Health Conference To Look At Impact Of Transient Diseases
- Women Business Owners Face Gender Gap, Report Says
- Jury To Reconvene In Kyle-Ventura Defamation Case
- Garland Officers Pull Teens From Burning Vehicle After Chase
- Mavs Weren’t Aware Of Rashard Lewis’ Knee Problem
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures