DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas firefighters were called to the 4600 block of Amesbury Drive to assist with the rescue of a worker trapped in a crane more than 100 feet in the air.
The construction worker suffered a back injury while working on the crane, according to Dallas Fire Rescue, and called for help to get down at about 4:30 pm.
Urban Search and Rescue crews used a special harness and rope system to lower him to safety from 120 feet.
— Austin York (@realAustinYork) April 9, 2014
The rescue took about 15 minutes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Oklahoma Bashes Oklahoma State 58-23 In Bedlam
- LSU Defeat Texas A&M 19-7
- Arlington Homicide Detectives Investigating 20-Year-Old Man’s Death
- 23-Year-Old Charged With Murder Following Witness Tip
- UTEP Defeats North Texas 20-17
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures