DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas firefighters were called to the 4600 block of Amesbury Drive to assist with the rescue of a worker trapped in a crane more than 100 feet in the air.
The construction worker suffered a back injury while working on the crane, according to Dallas Fire Rescue, and called for help to get down at about 4:30 pm.
Urban Search and Rescue crews used a special harness and rope system to lower him to safety from 120 feet.
— Austin York (@realAustinYork) April 9, 2014
The rescue took about 15 minutes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fight Night: Personal Attacks, Court Debate For GOP Hopefuls
- Texas Transforms Into Hoops Heaven
- Obama Plans To Nominate Successor To SCOTUS Justice Antonin Scalia
- Charlotte Hits Century Mark Again, Beats North Texas 103-79
- Graham’s 27 Lead No. 6 Kansas Past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures