DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas firefighters were called to the 4600 block of Amesbury Drive to assist with the rescue of a worker trapped in a crane more than 100 feet in the air.
The construction worker suffered a back injury while working on the crane, according to Dallas Fire Rescue, and called for help to get down at about 4:30 pm.
Urban Search and Rescue crews used a special harness and rope system to lower him to safety from 120 feet.
— Austin York (@realAustinYork) April 9, 2014
The rescue took about 15 minutes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Taco Charlton Already Getting Taco Endorsement Calls
- Jimmy John’s Employee Keeps His Cool With Gun In His Face
- Report: Larry Bird Steps Down As Indiana Pacers President
- Man Arrested In Death Of Molly Matheson Identified
- NFL’s Wild Opening Round Could Yield More Surprises On Day 2
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures